QUMAS, an Accelrys company (NASDAQ: ACCL), today announced that after an extensive evaluation process that Imperial Tobacco Group, a leading international tobacco company, has chosen the QUMAS Compliance Platform to manage quality content and processes across its manufacturing and research and development groups.
Over the next several years the solution will be rolled out to more than 2,000 employees located at all the company’s central and local manufacturing and R&D sites.
According to Imperial Tobacco Group, the QUMAS platform provides a flexible solution that can be easily configured by its own internal staff to manage and automate a wide range of compliance, regulatory and quality activities.
The QUMAS Compliance Platform is comprised of the following applications:
- QUMAS DocCompliance, an electronic document and content management system (eDMS) that will be used to create, update, manage and securely store all content, reports, and records in a compliant manner.
- QUMAS ProcessCompliance, a leading Enterprise Quality Management Solution (EQMS) that can be configured to manage a wide range of compliance, quality and operational activities, including CAPAs, Deviations, Complaints and Audits.
- MyQUMAS, an intuitive user interface that accesses the rich functionality in DocCompliance and ProcessCompliance.
- QUMAS ComplianceUnity, a real time graphical compliance dashboard that provides users with status information on key content.
- QUMAS DocTransfer, a complete work center that efficiently manages the import and export of large batches of content into DocCompliance.
“Our platform provides Imperial Tobacco Group with an integrated environment for managing all of its regulatory, quality, and compliance activities,” said QUMAS CEO Kevin O’Leary. “As tobacco companies come under increasing regulatory scrutiny this proactive compliance strategy at Imperial Tobacco Group is evidence of the company’s determination to adhere to global regulatory best practices.”
QUMAS is the leader in Enterprise Compliance Solutions with more than 270 global customer deployments and two decades of experience helping companies in highly regulated industries. QUMAS is a Gold Microsoft Partner, and provides the QUMAS Compliance Platform on SharePoint 2010, Documentum, Oracle or SQL. For more information, visit www.qumas.com.
QUMAS is an Accelrys company. Accelrys (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management software, supports industries and organizations that rely on scientific innovation to differentiate themselves. Using Accelrys technology, scientific organizations can access, organize, analyze and share data in unprecedented ways across the research, laboratory and manufacturing continuum, ultimately enhancing innovation, improving productivity and compliance, reducing costs and speeding time from lab to market. For more information about Accelrys, visit www.accelrys.com.